Evenstarwen is a twenty-something Filipina trying to figure out how to be a grown up. She admits to having an addiction to Tolkien, a supergirl-to-the rescue complex, a touch of insanity, and too many cats. She’s a compulsive reader, a self-confessed geek, a kitten rescuer, and a wanna-be-writer rolled into a package that her little brother once said was part kitten, part butterfly, and part “something else”. That odd, partially undefined combination may account for the delusion that she was born in the wrong world, and that she actually belongs in Middle Earth.
So how should you read this blog?
However you want, really. This is not a very organized place. When I started blogging, I was mostly just doing it to get things out of my head. None of my friends had blogs, and I didn’t tell people. My blog was just one of the many places where I wrote stuff, and it’s been (mostly) alive for seven years, so there’s some pretty unevolved writing at the beginning (don’t go there, please). I’d ignore it for months when a notebook was handier, then I’d post again, then ignore. I never felt guilty about this because I didn’t know people were reading (except one or two, and they pretty much already knew whatever was going on and didn’t need regular updates).
Then a blog challenge got me posting more regularly. My secret blogging life was discovered, and some very nice people are now coming here habitually to take a peek. Some new and awesome friends or friends-to-be are also stumbling across this and don’t quite know where to start.
Well, the good news is, you can start anywhere! Read this however you like; you’re not missing anything by not doing things in order. There is no order. So yay for lack of organization skills!
Still, if you’d like some suggestions, you might want to check these out:
- Microfiction, nanofiction, drabbles, flash fiction, and whatchamacallits inspired by writing prompts
- Poetry, word doodles, etc.
- This is the only place I can dare to be this open about type 2 bipolar disorder (I promise I’m not this sappy in real life)
- I’m learning to simply let myself be loved (my bumbling journey as a Christian)
- The 30 days, 30 letters blog challenge
- If you are the man I’m going to marry someday, I’ve got some mail for you.
- When you keep taking one step forward and stumbling ten miles back, sometimes it helps to take a detour. Here is the story of mine.
Get in touch:
- EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
- TWITTER: evenstarwen
- ASK ME ANYTHING: http://www.formspring.me/Evenstarwen