1. I can bend my right pinkie backwards.
2. My sense of direction is worse than useless. I have been known to get lost and give up when I’m fifty meters away to where I’m going.
3. I know all the words to all the songs in The Sound of Music movie. Umm, and the dialogue, too.
4. I used to have a pet cemetery when I was a kid. I buried the remains of unsuccesfully rescued grasshoppers, birds, chicks, catterpillars, tadpoles, etc. there. And yes, the neighborhood kids attended the funerals, too.
5. I am deathly afraid of dentists. And any injections or blood tests are a form of torture to me.
6. I once burped continuously over a period of 3 days.
7. My friends once caught me reading a horror book by peeking through my fingers. I have never read horror since then.
8. My childhood ambition was to be a princess.
9. I can’t make a big bottle of lotion last for more than a month. Why? I put a lot on my feet every night before I sleep.
10. I am frequently mistaken to be no more than 18 years old.
11. For some reason, the line “I bid you stand, Men of the West!” has been running through my mind all day.
12. My name is mentioned 18 times in the NIV Bible. It means “father’s joy” in Hebrew. The worst (mis)spelling of it that I ever saw was “Aveguel.”
13. I didn’t know I had a birthmark on my back until I was in highschool.
14. My comfort books, the ones that I reach for when I need some time away from real life, are The Lord of the Rings, Watership Down, and Tigana.
15. My parents experimented with me when I was a baby to find out whether a child will learn the language spoken by her parents or the common tongue in the community. They spoke only English at home, so it became my first language. I didn’t learn how to speak Tagalog until I attended preschool.
16. I am addicted to Cloud9, Chooeytoffee and pritong isaw. Anything with cheese also rates high on my list of gourmet fare.